I'm Jeff Mealo
Full Stack Developer
- Location East Falls, Philadelphia, PA
- E-mail Click to reveal
- Phone Click to reveal
Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm passionate about finding solutions for today's problems while identifying and optimizing for short, medium and long-term growth and strategic oppurtunities.
OpenResty (NGINX) 90%
Cloud Architecture 88%
Thinking outside the box 120%
2015 - PRESENT
SLATE FOUNDATION / MATCHBOOK LEARNING
- Implemented a Node.js module that streams real-time database changes from MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis using their built-in replication protocols for low-latency and minimal overhead.
- Moved sessions and authentication into NGINX (OpenResty) allowing stateless microservices to trust incoming connections.
- Developed a hybrid approach to event sourcing using temporal relational tables to minimize data loss during conversion to an append-only data schema.
- Engineered a polyglot stack with multiple databases and languages with both strong and eventual consistency as needed.
2013 - 2015
Software DeveloperDesigned and developed click-to-dial plugins for Chrome, Firefox and Safari:
- Implemented non-destructive phone number tagging in dynamically loaded content and nested iframes.
- Created Grunt tasks to automate build, packaging and development workflows.
- Abstracted away differences in browser APIs by implementing an event hub in < 1KB of compressed code.
- Engineered a solution to sign Safari packages on Linux
- Developed a real-time call center dashboard using XMPP, jQuery and Knockout.js.
- Tasked with converting the most visited screens in the web app including: login, home and dashboard.
- Modernized the orders and proposals workflow which is critical for revenue generation.
2014 - PRESENT
- Automated export of student grades from a legacy ASP.NET application using PhantomJS and Node.js.
- Integrated with Google Apps for SSO and syncing of local users and groups using OAuth2.
2012 - 2013
String Theory Schools
DIRECTOR OF DATA & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Saved $300,000 in first year infrastructure costs by engineering an open source networking stack.
- Engineered a web content filter for 1:1 iPad deployment at 1/10th the cost of comparable solutions.
- Automated Google Apps administration using Python, Selenium and Node.js where Google’s API fell short.
- Migrated legacy systems to LDAP with custom schemas to provide SSO. (Python, Atlassian Crowd)
2011 - 2012
- Compiled a nationwide database of home improvement contractors with 99% accuracy.
- Created a client-side help system that generates “point-in-time” help omitting steps already taken.
1997 - 2016
Autodidact / Lifetime Learner
- 1997 Coded BASIC on Apple II in 2nd Grade
- 1998 Got our first family computer
- 2000 Started computer salvage business on eBay [Proof]
- 2003 Bootstrapped web hosting business with computer salvage earnings (Linux/PLESK) [Proof]
- 2004 Helped compile the world's largest video game cheat code database (PHP/MySQL) [Proof]
2010 - 2012
Business Management / Graphic Information Systems
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
⏸ 18 Credits Remaining 85%
September 7, 2012
Jeff is a bundle of energy and one of the most creative persons I've met. He's a joy to brainstorm with, and is not afraid to speak his mind. He is loyal, positive, and will try to produce the perfect solution to the problem…Adrian Talapan Co-Founder, CEO at Haystack Informatics